Re: "concurrency" branch updated

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: "concurrency" branch updated
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 15:23:33 -0500

> I’ve tried to get the concurrency branch updated with respect to master,
> including the handlerlist/catchlist merge and timerfd support. It seems to
> be working okay, passing the tests Tom checked it for it, and correctly
> running a few nice, simple tests that I tried. It also crashes on a
> not-so-nice, simple test I tried, but the old version did too. :-)

Hi Ken,

I'm unfamiliar so far with the content of the concurrency branch, what changes
it makes, and the threading model it proposes.  Could you please summarize the
state of the art for me, so that I know what this branch entails?

Opening a general discussion about concurrency is something I'd like to do
soon, but not until I better understand what has already taken place.

Thank you,
  John