Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch

From: Nicolas Petton
Subject: Re: merging the xwidget_mvp branch
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 12:01:12 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have maintained it in its own branch for a couple of years. I can continue
>> doing that in master, or in its own branch indefinitely.
>
> I'm personally inclined to not want this feature, unless there is a great deal
> of desire for it from others; so I'll wait for them chime in.

I would have many use cases for it, and I think it would be an awesome
addition to Emacs 25.1.

Think about (and I know we have EWW, but still):

- HTML emails
- Online Documentation (MDN doesn't look good in eww)
- markdown preview in HTML
- org-mode export previews
- have a webkit window open doing web development that you could refresh
  at will and use hooks on it.
- ... many more

It would just be awesome IMHO.

Nico