Re: Locations of Tests

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Locations of Tests
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:15:01 +0100

> On 4 Nov 2015 5:53 pm, "John Wiegley" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> I'd happily accept a patch to move things into accordance with the naming
>> structure under lisp/.

> Same here. Just make sure it doesn't mess up git blame. ;-)

...and file history.

What this means in practice, is that files should be moved verbatim.

You can change files once they are in place in the new location, but the
first commit in the new location should be of files with identical SHA1
hashes as the files in the old location.

git tracks history across moves/renames by matching the file content
SHA1 hashes of files in other locations.