Re: New Emacs maintainer

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: New Emacs maintainer
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 00:12:39 -0500

> Congratulations, John! You seem like the right person for the job; I hope
> you will feel that way in six months :-). (Not sarcasm -- I think you will!)

Thank you, to everyone!!

I think the key to avoided burnout will be not trying to do everything myself.
There are excellent people in this community, who together have more time and
energy than I will in a lifetime. If I can coordinate them, and help them
focus on what they find fun and interesting, not only will this job be easier
for me, it should be more fun for everyone. We're doing this because we love
Emacs, right? Pursuing one's love ought to make the time spent feel worth
every second! if not, there's an obstacle we need to remove.

John