Re: ELPA policy

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:49:54 +0200

On 11/05/2015 02:51 PM, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:

Why not consider ELPA a part of the "standard library", too?

Because it is not.  I have often had to use Emacs on computers that did
not have access to an Internet connection.  To consider something part
of the "standard library," I believe you should have access to it when
Emacs is installed.

We do intend to bundle some packages from ELPA to be distributed with Emacs releases.

Anyway, if you don't have Internet access, you also can't install any package that depends on the library in question. Right?