Re: Proposed new core library: alert.el

From: Vivek Dasmohapatra
Subject: Re: Proposed new core library: alert.el
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 16:33:43 +0000 (GMT)

alert.el is a library I've been using for the last four years to provide a
richer notification interface than `message'. The current version is here:

If I might chip in here - and it may be that the library already does this -
One of my main complaints about alerts (in general) is that they pop up and then disappear and if I'm not able to divert attention to them (in deep thought, momentarily away from my desk, beset by wombats, etc) I can't get
back to them and see what I've missed.

Something like a timestamped version of *Messages* but just for *Alerts*
would be great.