streams and generators (was: streams are cool, you could stream virtuall

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: streams and generators (was: streams are cool, you could stream virtually anything!)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 18:06:02 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Let's see it develop during these earlier stages on ELPA, so people
> can easily update the package as it develops. Once it stabilizes, I
> agree we should move it into core.

I want to draw our attention to "generator.el" also, because when we
think about the future direction, we should keep in mind both of them,
because they are very related.

generator.el uses an implicit continuation passing style to define
`defgenerator' - as far as I understand it, the code is really clever,
an excellent piece of Elisp.  It deserves more attention (and some
broader documentation).

We should think about how the two can benefit from each other.  For
example there should be a way to convert a generator to a stream etc.

I already wrote "iterators.el" (Elpa), a trivial thing compared to
"generator.el", that implements some stream like basic operations for
generators/iterators.  All that stuff should fit together at the end.

Regards,

Michael.