Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 14:52:54 -0500

On Wed, 04 Nov 2015 11:24:05 -0500 John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:

JW> I'm not sure about detecting such extra files by a naming convention. I'd
JW> rather see `dir-locals-file-alist' with the following customization:

JW>     (list (list regexp (choice file function) boolean))

That seems really complicated for every use case I can imagine. Why not
just look for `.dir-locals*.el' and sort lexicographically? That
degrades gracefully to the current state of things.

Otherwise you're building an ELisp facility to load files to augment
ELisp options, and you may as well just use ELisp.

Ted