Re: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Isearch-prompt-proposal

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Isearch-prompt-proposal
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 23:45:34 +0000

On 5 Nov 2015 10:42 pm, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:

> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
>
> I am not sure what the proposal means.  It lists three "parts".
> What is the relationship between these parts?  Is the proposal
> to implement them all?  Or just some of them?  Why separate these "parts"?

The proposal is to implement all three parts eventually,  but right now it is focused on the first part. Parts 2 and 3 are there as "intended next steps", mostly for context.

I'll make that clearer.

> Aside from that, a proposal like this is not sufficient to poll the
> users with.
> We need to ask them a list of questions.
>
> Ideally we present them some code and ask them to try editing
> with it and without it, and compare.

Sure. If we want to poll users I'll post some code there.
I originally just wrote the page to update people who haven't been following the thread on what's the current idea.

The question is pretty simple: "does this get in your way"?