Re: force initialization of a datatype?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: force initialization of a datatype?
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 14:16:02 +0200

On 11/06/2015 01:56 PM, Stephen Leake wrote:

However, `xref-find-definitions' doesn't find `make-path-iterator', and
there's no place to put a doc string for `make-path-iterator'.

We might have to do with only documenting the related structures (and mentioning constructors there).

I'll see if I can fix `xref-find-definitions'.

Thank you.

Speaking of elisp--xref-find-definitions, you've made some additions to it recently.

Could you remove the FIXME comment before it? It's kinda wrong.

Second, are you sure that elisp-xref-find-def-functions shouldn't be somewhere in find-func.el? And same for the new code elisp--xref-find-definitions that supports structs and generics.

I don't think we should deprecate find-func just yet, and it would make sense for M-x find-function to support defstruct functions and generics.