Re: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Isearch-prompt-proposal

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Isearch-prompt-proposal
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 16:40:21 -0500

  > The proposal is to implement all three parts eventually,  but right now it
  > is focused on the first part.

In polling the users, we need to make it clear what the options are.
We need text that presents a set of options to consider, and then asks
users what they think of these options.

We can ask users about the option that you've called "part 1".
We can ask users about the option that you've called "all three parts".
They are different options.

We can, if we wish, ask users about both of them, and other options
besides.

In any case, all the options we present should be presented on an
equal footing.  It would be confusing to present one option as "part
of" another option, and it would tend to bias the results.

--
Dr Richard Stallman