Feature Freeze? (Was: Dynamic loading progress)

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Feature Freeze? (Was: Dynamic loading progress)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 19:06:48 -0500

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Nov 2015 17:55:22 +0200 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
>>> Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 10:52:04 -0500
>>>
>>> I think we got agreement from Stefan (probably John too) to exempt
>>> dynamic modules from the feature freeze.
>
> EZ> There's no feature freeze yet.
>
> I could swear I saw a message about it.  Well, it's good to know, but
> the rest of my message still applies :)

Stefan titled his message about stepping down[1] as "Feature freeze"
and said "it's about time we freeze the features for Emacs-25". But I
guess that doesn't actually count as a freeze.

However, now that we have a new maintainer, it might be a good idea to
clarify that (I was also under the impression until now, that there
was a feature freeze).

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-09/msg00849.html