Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 13:01:30 +0000

>> That seems really complicated for every use case I can imagine. Why not just
>> look for `.dir-locals*.el' and sort lexicographically? That degrades
>> gracefully to the current state of things.

I've written and pushed a version of this to the branch
scratch/dir-local-wildcard

It allows wildcards in `dir-locals-file', and loads them in string<
order. That is, a file called ".dir-locals2.el" will override the
values in ".dir-locals.el" (only conflicting values are overridden).

Nicollas, this also adds a function `map-merge-with' to map.el. Is that alright?