Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 15:48:08 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 08:33:12 -0500
>
> EZ> I don't see any reasons to disagree.  But adding such a feature, IME,
> EZ> needs more than just one week before we shake it up enough.
>
> I agree, but please recall it's been brewing for a very long time, so
> it's not something we just started.

I know.  But if you mean to imply that a week might be enough, then I
don't think so.  As long as the feature is on a separate branch, it
doesn't get enough exposure to users, neither wrt possible build-time
complications, nor wrt run-time problems.  There are just too many
corner cases which are only visible once the feature is on master.