Re: Framework extending window functions for Follow Mode (etc.).

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Framework extending window functions for Follow Mode (etc.).
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 18:07:35 +0100

> Yes, I would say.  I'm guessing your concern is that such arguments on
> some functions could proliferate, giving an unmanageable number of
> them.  But what is the likelihood of this happening?  Or, in particular,
> of it happening to these particular window handling functions?

I can't tell.  But adding a special argument to six primitives for
handling one particular case in the interaction between isearch and
follow mode already appears like a proliferation to me.

If the peculiar behavior is tied to isearch, then I have no idea why you
can't devise a function like ‘isearch-set-window-start’ and special code
the follow mode behavior there.

martin