Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Philipp Stephani
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2015 13:39:15 +0000

Steinar Bang <address@hidden> schrieb am So., 8. Nov. 2015 um 13:55 Uhr:
> In order to produce a clean patch, I tried merging the master (from
> emacs-mirror) or emacs-24 branch, but both produced too many merge
> conflicts (even in files untouched by the module code).

What kind of conflicts in what files? Could you provide some detail?

Basically everywhere (more details probably wouldn't help).

What was the command line sequence you used to do the merges from master
and emacs-24?

I've added the GitHub emacs-mirror as origin, merged the to the master of Aurélien's fork, and then tried to merge that into the dynamics-module-2 branch. All with plain 'git merge'.
However, I now managed to produce a two-step merge that didn't produce additional conflicts. I've now also merged in the Savannah master and pushed the result to my fork.