Re: ELPA policy

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ELPA policy
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 03:45:27 +0200

On 11/09/2015 01:16 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

I am sure we could set up multiple mailing lists and send each commit
to a list according to what directory it is in.

You have a point there, and if someone were to actually do that, it would help with making the notifications manageable.

Still, the more happens in the repository, the harder it is to grasp or manage. Right now you can call 'git log' and see the most recent things that happened to Emacs master. Or do 'git pull', and call 'git diff' on the revision range that was printed out, and see all changes since your last update.

Unless the Emacs sources move into a subdirectory, even listing all commits that were made to Emacs recently, would involve the contributor learning magic like this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5685007/making-git-log-ignore-changes-for-certain-paths