Re: [elpa] master d08c167 48/50: on-screen: merge from remote repo

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [elpa] master d08c167 48/50: on-screen: merge from remote repo
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 09:32:23 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> Are you sure?  Can I do this retroactively?
>
> I don't expect you to change the old versions of the file, but the new
> version should state that the FSF copyright (now) applies to the past
> as well.
> IANAL, but that's what we've always done.

That's what copyright assignment for past and future changes means.  It
does not mean that the FSF has written any of those changes, just that
you transferred your copyright interests to them.  And the year numbers
are not the years of the transfer, but the year of the copyright's
origin which usually is the date of "first publication".  If you have
never published the stuff previously in any manner, copyright starts
ticking in 2015.  If you did in some publicly accessible manner,
copyright starts ticking at the time you did.

--
David Kastrup