Re: New ELPA policy proposal

From: Wolfgang Jenkner
Subject: Re: New ELPA policy proposal
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:41:07 +0100

On Mon, Nov 09 2015, Artur Malabarba wrote:

> * The first and simplest issue here is that we would lose control over
> the code on Gelpa.

But when is control over elisp code not bundled in the emacs tarball
actually needed?  I'd say, only in two cases:

(1) code that is poised to be bundled in a short- or mid-term
perspective.

(2) code that is removed from the bundled code, until
a separate maintainer is found for it.

So, a policy of minimal control would have bundled code in emacs.git
(and nowhere else), while elpa would be merely a staging area for it.