Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Allowing .dir-locals-N.el
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 08:37:20 -0800

> The simple fix is for the user to use two digit numbers in all files;
> .dir-locals03.el .dir-locals20.el

> That's entirely under the control of the user; if they have less than ten
> files, use one digit; more than ten, two digits, etc.

I agree, string< seems sufficient. I'm used to doing the double-digit thing in
lots of places on my system, and would be surprised by a more "intelligent"
ordering, actually. However, a customization variable might be a good thing,
since we have precedent for version< in other places. Just:

    (defcustom some-long-name #'string<
        <making version< an option>

John