Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 19e09cf: Ensure redisplay after evaluation

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 19e09cf: Ensure redisplay after evaluation
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 11:06:47 -0800

I am unaware of the historical context for this argument. To chime in based on
what I've read from Eli:

Allowing dynamic behavior to trigger on modifying a variable could be very
valuable during debugging. GDB allows this in the form of watchpoints.

As long as we never allow the use of this facility to creep into Emacs itself,
I can see value in giving users another way to debug and/or customize their
environment, as long as they are fully informed of the potential costs.

John