Re: Proposed new core library: pl.el

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: Proposed new core library: pl.el
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 23:14:58 +0000

On 9 Nov 2015 10:02 pm, "John Wiegley" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Artur, since there have been no further comments, maybe it would help if I
> > explained why I'm not convinced: because parsing libraries tend to be very
> > performance-sensitive and could take advantage of the core in ways that most
> > other libraries don't. They are also rare, so it makes sense to treat them
> > with special care instead of as just another library.
>
> Ted, what if pl.el is one of those "EPLA packages bundled with the tarball",
> the way that seq.el is?

I'm fine either way now.
One thing to remember about these double packages is that they kinda need someone who keeps an eye on both sides to ensure that any change made to one is reflected on the other.
If a package is just going to be "maintained by emacs-devel", then it's probably safer to keep it one-sided.