Re: project.el semantics

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: project.el semantics
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 03:18:52 +0200

On 11/10/2015 03:07 AM, John Wiegley wrote:

I did read that discussion, but I didn't walk away with any clear notions of
what's being discussed now.

Have you looked at the code?

- Some bikeshedding about method names, their semantics and how to better document them. Does that sound important?

- The problem of project-library-roots-function being a variable, and being set in emacs-lisp-mode to a buffer-local value. There's a FIXME above its definition, please have a read.

So is it an API that Projectile could make use of? Is it as simple as "find
the root of the current project"?

It's an API that Projectile can write an adapter for, to allow third-party code not to depend on Projectile, or EDE, or another project system, explicitly. The current set of methods deals with directories related to the current project, but can be extended.