Re: Move to a cadence release model?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Move to a cadence release model?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:03:40 -0800

> We could avoid the feature freeze altogether, if we wanted, and instead cut
> the release branch and work on the release there without freezing master.

That would be my preference. Let's cut release-25.1 this upcoming Friday night
at the freeze date.

It does mean a commitment by developers to use and test with this branch until
the release is out. But it allows development on 'master' to continue without
any artificial pause, or forcing everything that could have gone onto master
into feature branches.

John