Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:45:52 +0000

Przemysław Wojnowski <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
>
>> test/automated/lisp
>> test/automated/lisp/emacs-lisp
>> test/automated/lisp/progmodes (and so on....)
>> test/automated/lisp/c (lisp tests for the C core)
>> test/automated/lisp/legacy (ones which don't fit, to be fixed)
>> test/automated/src (empty but reserved for C tests of C core)
>
> Sorry to comment on this so late,

No worries. I'm not going to make this move now, anyway, given that we
are approaching feature freeze (technically, I guess, tests are not a
feature but still...).

> but it wouldn't it make sense to move automated tests to directly
> under "test/" ? "automated/" here looks a bit artificial to me.
>
> Sooner or later all tests will be automated anyway.

I doubt the latter is true (simply because some display related tests
will always involve looking at emacs).

Having said that, I largely agree with you. We'd have something like?

test/lisp
test/src
test/non-ert

Other names which leap to mind: