Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)

From: Przemysław Wojnowski
Subject: Re: Location of tests (again) (was Re: Makefile-help)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 22:41:58 +0100

address@hidden (Phillip Lord) writes:
[...]
>> Sooner or later all tests will be automated anyway.
>
> I doubt the latter is true (simply because some display related tests
> will always involve looking at emacs).
Ok, "all" was exaggerated a bit, but most things can be tested
automatically.

> Having said that, I largely agree with you. We'd have something like?
>
> test/lisp
> test/src
[...]
> test/manual
I'm for "test/manual" here, but other names are fine too.

(I would also change "test/src/" to "test/c", because "lisp" are sources
too, after all. But I don't insist on that, especially that it may result
in a flood here. ;-) )