Re: project.el semantics

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: project.el semantics
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:17:52 -0800

> How could I explain that better? I want to:
> - Search inside the project root(s). But not inside libraries.
> - But sometimes inside libraries as well.

These distinctions are not strictly directory-based. For example, with Helm I
search in the list of files generated by "git ls-files". It's not about where
the files are within the project, but whether they have been registered with
Git.

So before we talk too much about different kinds of "roots", we may be asking
the wrong question. What is it that we want to distinguish, exactly?

John