RE: Feature freezes and Emacs 25

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Feature freezes and Emacs 25
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 17:21:51 -0800 (PST)

> I'm designing a framework
> to support multiple regions by adding a new arg with a group of regions.
>
> In bug#19829 I've collected the evidence of commands that need this
> feature as a basis for the new design, but the deadlock was caused by the
> same question that backpedaled the Alan's design: whether to add a new arg
> to the existing functions or to try stuffing it into the existing ones?

FWIW, with Isearch+ you can search or query-replace multiple regions
(which can be defined in several ways, including just by their limits),
including across multiple buffers.

But I'm glad that you're adding this to isearch.el and also providing
rectangle search, even if it means additional Isearch+ work. ;-)