Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 06:22:41 -0500

On Mon, 09 Nov 2015 16:16:31 +0000 Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:

PS> I don't need to sign the papers because my employer (Google) has a special
PS> agreement with the FSF. Please use my work address address@hidden and
PS> "Copyright Google Inc." for my contributions. I already have a few patches
PS> in master under that address.

Thank you.  I can see that your existing patches didn't need the
"Copyright Google Inc." in the commit message, so I think we can skip it here.

On Mon, 9 Nov 2015 20:58:59 +0100 Aurélien Aptel <address@hidden> wrote:

AA> I've made a clean new branch 'dynamic-modules-clean-1' on top of a
AA> recent master which you should be able to rebase easily. I've split my
AA> "working" branch into 6 Changelog-ready commits. I'm the author of the
AA> commits but a significant part of the code was also written by Philip
AA> Stefani (big thanks to him). Don't really know how to we can reflect
AA> that since it's all mixed up now.

AA> It's on github. You can rework the commit messages if you want as I'm
AA> not very good at this.

Aurélien, it looks great.  Thank you for the work.

I have only two requests before I merge:

1) Can you add this header line to the commits that need it (it may
require some checking, unfortunately):

Co-authored-by: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>

I *think* that's sufficient.

2) Since you're modifying some commits, can you remove the final period
from the first line?  It's a suggestion in CONTRIBUTE but not required.

Otherwise I think it's ready to merge.

On Tue, 10 Nov 2015 20:07:36 +0000 Philipp Stephani <address@hidden> wrote:

PS> Thanks! Since the freeze is only days away, can we now start merging these
PS> changes into the Savannah master?

Yes, I'll do the merge as soon as (1) above is resolved. Technically the
patch looks good.

Ted