Re: Automate Emacs UI testing?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Automate Emacs UI testing?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:59:09 -0500

  > - Isolate an Emacs build and environment in a Docker container
  >   environment.

Is Docker free software?

  > - Make sikuli tests that test things like Helm and Yasnippets.

What is a sikuli test?  Can they be done without using any nonfree
software?

  > - Do these tests on each commit in a Jenkins build server that I
  >   have. It could be any build server with the right configuration though.

It would not be good for our tests to depend on running on one particular site.
They should run on any GNU/Linux system, however it could be ok for some tests
to require loading certain well-known free software packages.

  > Here is a container
  >   with Sikuli that I havent tested:
https://hub.docker.com/r/kkochubey1/sikuli-chrome-x11vnc/

Maybe I could find out some of those answers by looking around at that,
but I have a feeling it would take hours to find them that way.

--
Dr Richard Stallman