Re: [Emacs-diffs] master a3b2101 1/2: New file with obarray functions.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master a3b2101 1/2: New file with obarray functions.
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:26:53 -0500

>     New file with obarray functions.
>     * lisp/obarray.el: basic obarray functions extracted from abbrev.el
>     * test/automated/obarray-tests.el: new file

Funnily enough, I think we should discourage the use of obarrays.
There are times/places where they are really indispensable (when we
really need to handle *symbols*), but in the majority of cases where
I could see this obarray.el being used, a hash-table would work better
(e.g. hash-table-p is more reliable, print+read actually works, access
is usually faster, ...).

        Stefan