Re: Questioning the new behavior of `open-line'.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Questioning the new behavior of `open-line'.
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 02:06:47 -0600

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>I share this sentiment.  I love most of the electricity and it should be
>on by default IMHO.
>
>But the change to C-o is for the worse.  It should be "dumb" also at
>columns greater than zero.

FWIW, sometimes I want that, as you and David do, and sometimes I don't.  It
just depends on what I'm trying to do.  IMHO there's not an always-right answer
in the non-column-zero case.

Did you see Artur's post [1] giving an example of how the non-dumb behavior can
make sense in the non-column-zero case?  I found it pretty persuasive.
(Whereas in column zero, I *always* want the "dumb" behavior, 100% of the time
-- and it seems that at least is a point of agreement for most people here.)

Best regards,
-Karl

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2015-11/msg01100.html