Re: kqueue in Emacs 25.1?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: kqueue in Emacs 25.1?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:59:23 +0100

Hi Wolfgang,

>> In the sense that a directory can be watched (it's a vnode type) but it
>> is not so straightforward to find out what exactly has changed when,
>> say, a `write' event arrives for it?
>
> Yes. I've studied the code in libinotify-kqueue and in the
> glib/gio/kqueue backend. Both seem to scan the directory for changes,
> once there is a "something has changed" kqueue event for a directory.
>
> I plan to implement it based on directory_files_internal (in
> dired.c). This is the working horse of directory-files-and-attributes.

Could you pls run a test for me? In julipedia.c, pls change "/tmp/foo"
to "/tmp". Start it, and do some file operations in /tmp. What happens?

Here under Ubuntu, it crashes immediately. Seems to be another bug :-(

I've tried to downgrade libkqueue0 from 2.0.3 to 1.0.4, but same problems ...

TIA, and best regards, Michael.