Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 19e09cf: Ensure redisplay after evaluation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 19e09cf: Ensure redisplay after evaluation
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:06:52 +0200

> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 19:31:29 -0500
> From: Noam Postavsky <address@hidden>
> Cc: John Wiegley <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,
> address@hidden
>
> > I agree, but the problem is that now someone needs to re-implement
> > that changeset from scratch, without looking too much at the patch
> > posted back then.  I cannot be that someone, unfortunately.
> >

> This functionality sounds very useful; I have definitely wanted
> something like this while debugging in the past.
>
> Where should I look to get an idea of how to implement it?

In the discussion I pointed to.  You will have to make a conscious
effort to read just the discussion parts and skip the code attachments
parts.  That's not very easy, but doable: just don't open any
attachments, and whenever you see "diff --git" move one to the next
message in the thread.

Alternatively, Someoneā„¢ could re-read the discussion and post the
description of what the posted code did (without showing any actual
code), then you could write the code using only that description,
without looking at the actual code posted back then.  This is a better
method, I think.  Are there any volunteers for the first part, of
coming up with the description?  If no one steps forward, I could do
this myself, but I think this is a good opportunity for someone to
study a somewhat complicated issue related to how the Emacs Lisp
interpreter works.

TIA.