Re: Windows mingw64 and cygwin builds broken

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows mingw64 and cygwin builds broken
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:39:29 +0200

> Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 15:25:45 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> > Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 10:18:22 +0000
> >
> > Both the cygwin-w32 and mingw64 builds now need to be configured with
> > --without-dbus to avoid a crash when dumping.
>
> That's not what I intended.  It was supposed to work even when D-Bus
> is compiled in.  The code that supports w32 notifications and the
> related DEFSYM's are conditioned on non-Cygwin build and on D-Bus not
> being available.  When D-Bus _is_ available, then only the DEFSYM's in
> dbusbind.c were supposed to be visible, and those in w32fns.c
> invisible, together with their supporting code.  But somehow this is
> not working...
>
> Ah, I think I see the problem: makedoc doesn't take preprocessor
> directives into account.  I need to think how to fix that.

I simply deleted the support for ':timeout' from the native w32
notifications.  It isn't worth the hassle, as it is only supported on
versions of Windows before Vista, and is silently ignored on newer
versions.

Please see if the original problems are solved, even without using
"--without-dbus" at configure time.

Thanks.