Re: Fixing compilation and byte-compilation warnings before 25.1

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Fixing compilation and byte-compilation warnings before 25.1
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 07:46:18 -0800

> Suggest as a first step to abolish all pure warnings, keeping errors only.
> I.e. tell if something is broken or very probably broken. Abolish all pure
> warnings, style warnings etc.

Can you clarify what you mean by "abolish"? Is that fixing, or silencing?

> Then let's establish a policy for warnings - which needs an api, which
> didn't exist or was not right when looked into some years ago.

The policy should be: We never have warnings in our build on GNU Linux. Being
warning free on other platforms is also desirable, but more the responsibility
of contributors to those platforms.

I'm not sure what the "api" is refer you to, though...

John