Re: as the accident occued... long lines in emacs buffers.

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Re: as the accident occued... long lines in emacs buffers.
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:27:00 +0200

Hi Emacs Devel.

I have just sent on emacs devel a message that was destinated elsewhere.

Because the accident occurred, I want to remember you that I intend to
solve the issue of long lines in emacs, by replacing the linear buffer
with red-black trees that keep the lines.

This will make emacs work incredible fast with long lines.

This supposes creating very specialized rbt, such that they are
optimized for emacs lines of the buffer.

As I said, I will not work alone for emacs on such a complex problem.
It would be a loss of time and stress.

I have all the prerequisite knowledge and experience to execute this
project, but I want to find a partner for him/her to read what I do and
to discuss it.

Next year I think I have time to work on this problem -- perhaps it
takes 2 months.

I am interested to execute it, as this bug makes me trouble in emacs all
the time (especially in buffers that have shell processes).

Starting from the next year I will live around Paris.  If somebody
around is interested to talk about this problem, please contact me.

--
No GNUs is bad news.