Re: Window splitting issues with margins

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Window splitting issues with margins
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 21:47:39 +0100

On Fr, Nov 13 2015, martin rudalics <address@hidden> wrote:
> The question is whether it makes any sense for two packages to ever
> share one and the same margin.  I doubt that.

Like I said in my other post, there are apparently people wanting to use
linum-mode and writeroom-mode at the same time.

>  > Well, I've been using a modified `window-splittable-p' in my init file
>  > for quite some time and *I* don't have any complaints. ;-)
>
> But you are aware of the fact that ‘window-splittable-p’ is used only by
> the buffer display functions.  All other ‘split-window’ calls (including
> C-x 3) don't care about it.

Yes, I'm aware of that. Those aren't a problem, because writeroom-mode
has a chance to adjust the margins using a function in
window-configuration-change-hook.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments