Re: Questioning the new behavior of `open-line'.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Questioning the new behavior of `open-line'.
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:59:29 -0600

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 6:34 AM, Artur Malabarba <address@hidden> wrote:
> The old behaviour is: ctrl-o inserts a newline after the point,
> nothing else is done.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Still can I ask for an example usage where
that behaviour is good and the current behaviour is bad.

I'm not trying to be annoying here. It's just that I want to clearly
list all relevant scenarios when I write the commit message (so that
future hackers will know about them before changing some behaviour).

Even better, consider put the rationale(s) in a comment in `open-line' itself, rather than in the commit message.  That way someone who is in the code and thinking of changing it will see the reasoning right where they are.