RE: ELPA policy

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: ELPA policy
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2015 07:44:52 -0800 (PST)

> Once he has set up things correctly (we can help him with that), he
> just has to change the file in his repo clone, pull, add and push.
> That's not more complicated than what he does now when uploading to
> the wiki.  He doesn't have to use git for anything else, or while
> developing.
>
> Does that sound acceptable to you, Drew?  I can help you with any
> problems you might encounter.  After everything has been set up
> properly, uploading to Gnu Elpa is trivial, you don't have to
> learn git for that.

I will take a look.  Please follow up with me off-list.

(I've tried to make clear that my reply to this thread was
not about getting my libraries into Emacs, but was about
"MELPA and updates to it from the wiki."  And as I said,
"AFAIK there is not necessarily even any interest in adding
any of the code I've written to Emacs."  This has largely
been much ado about nothing, I think.  I'm sorry for the
resulting waste of people's time.  But I'm glad that the
question of MELPA and wiki code was at least considered
to some extent.)