Re: A better UI than perform-replace

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: A better UI than perform-replace
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:52:07 -0800

>> I think a better UI for `perform-replace' is warranted.
> Any such should not be a replacement but an addition to what
> we have now.  Think ibuffer and buffer-menu.

Agreed. And nothing is stopping such a new replace feature from being
developed in ELPA, so we can all try it out as it develops. If it really
improves in every way upon the status quo, it could become the new default
binding. But the old code should remain as it is, for those who might prefer
it.

John