Re: Hello All!

From: Zack Piper
Subject: Re: Hello All!
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 17:47:29 +0100

On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:40:22 +0100,
Joakim Jalap wrote:

> Hi,

Hi.

> I just mailed my copyright assignment papers, so I thought I would drop
> by and introduce myself.

Always nice to see a new face (well, this is a mailing list but you
get what I mean. :-))

> I've been reading this list now for a few
> months, but I haven't dared to post anything.

Hehe, don't worry! We don't bite! :-)

> But now I want to start
> giving back to the Emacs community and I hope I can contribute at least
> something of value.

Any contribution is a good contribution.

> What I'd like most in a future Emacs is concurrency and better IDE
> features (incidentally the same things our dear maintainer seems to want
> :)). I would like to work on the C core someday when I grow up, on
> things like threading, GC and such. But the code isn't super easy to
> grok, so I'll probably need some hand holding at first :). Right now
> I've started looking at the concurrency branch, to see if I can wrap my
> head around it.

Fantastic! This will be a great thing to have help with.

> need some hand holding

Unfortunately I can't help since I have little to no experience with C,
but have been meaning to learn it for a long time, but time
constraints have prevented me from doing so (GCSE exams...).

> BTW, I hang out on #emacs on freenode during the days. I nick either
> jalle or jockej.

Nice! I'll go say hello. :-D

> Anyway, I hope nobody minds a noob like myself jumping on board the
> mighty Emacs steamer!

All great things start small. :-)