Re: Another reminder about "emacs-announce" topic

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Another reminder about "emacs-announce" topic
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 13:07:02 -0500

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> A final reminder that it was agreed to use the "emacs-announce" Mailman
>> topic for messages that all developers should read.
>
> Could you perhaps point to a clear description of how such a message
> should be formatted?  Also, how would a user subscribe to a "topic"?

Sorry, thought I'd explained this before, but can't find the mail now.
I think http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node29.html covers it.
For sending:

   To post on a given topic, you need to make sure that the Keywords:
   or Subject: headers in a message match the regular expression for
   that topic.

Ie:

or:

  Subject: [emacs-announce] blah

(I guess the difference between these two is that using the Subject will
propagate into replies. Based on experience of topic drift, this is
probably not wanted.)

For reading, you only need do anything special if you only want the
topic mails, and not the vast majority of mails (which have no topic
defined):

  Log in to your member options page.
  Look for the section marked "Which topic categories would you like to
  subscribe to?"