Re: Calling Lisp from undo.c's record_* functions

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Calling Lisp from undo.c's record_* functions
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 10:16:43 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: address@hidden (Phillip Lord)
>> Cc: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>,  <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 12:31:33 +0000
>>
>> > But if an idle timer is fine, I think Phillip already has everyuthing
>> > sorted out on a branch.
>>
>> Not entirely. Either the idle timer runs all the time (which Stefan
>> doesn't like), or we only run it once (which missed the case when a
>> process runs).
>
> Really?  IOW, an idle timer doesn't run when we have read something
> from a subprocess, and return to the waiting loop?  I would expect the
> idle timers to run in that situation.

You've misunderstood. Emacs idle timers run when the user is idle, not
emacs!

Can you test this branch for me, and see if you can reproduce the error.

fix/segfault-undoable-change-prepare-for-buffer

This leaves the implementation as was, but moves the run_undoable_change
call to prepare_for_change_1.

Phil