Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 08:37:53 -0800

On 11/19/2015 08:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
The code in module.c runs in Emacs, so I think it's friendly enough
(apart of the xmalloc issue).  Or did I misunderstand what you meant?

It's the xmalloc issue. That is, if a module contains random C code inside a library outside of your control that invokes malloc, I suppose it's a lost cause, we can't memory-profile that. But if as part of a module you write a wrapper for Emacs, the wrapper code should use xmalloc rather than malloc, so that at least we can account for its memory and fail in a standard way if it's not available. That sort of thing.