Re: Suggest: dont declare interactive-p obsolete

From: raman
Subject: Re: Suggest: dont declare interactive-p obsolete
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 09:32:29 -0800

Cleaning up those places would be a good first step.

Then we could nuke the definition in subr.el.   At that point, we should
still revisit what the right API to expose for this functionality is --
as  others have pointed out-- the present option

(called-interactively-p 'interactive )

is awkward and hard to discover as an elisp developer -- and even if you
discovered it -- you'd run screaming in fear.

The  net/net of the documentation of called-interactively-p is that you
should essentially only use it as (called-interactively-p
'interactive) -- if that is our intent -- why not provide that as a
high-level call?

Let me make it clear -- I'm not asking for this because any o fmy own
code /libs depend on this -- they dont -- for the record,
called-interactively-p as implemented does not work in any form  for my
own use-cases:-)