Re: Dynamic loading progress

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dynamic loading progress
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 09:50:02 +0200

> From: Philipp Stephani <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:12:14 +0000
>
>     Regarding NEWS specifically, Aurélien is absent at the moment and will
>     be back next week. Maybe Philipp would like to provide the NEWS entries?
>     I will write them if neither of them is able or if it can't wait until
>     next week.
>

> I can see whether I can come up with something. However as far as I can see
> the
> release of 25.1 is not imminent, so the documentation doesn't need to happen
> immediately.

The documentation in the _manuals_ doesn't have to happen immediately,
although it should be our goal to make that happen more frequently
than it happens today: after all, those who use the development Emacs
should also ideally have the manuals to go with that.  But NEWS should
have some minimal documentation of the new feature _immediately_,
i.e. as part of the last commit of the feature.  Otherwise, users will
have no idea what is being added and how to use it, and frequently
even not that it was in fact added.

Thanks in advance.