RE: multi-assignment setq [was: setq's with missing final arguments.]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: multi-assignment setq [was: setq's with missing final arguments.]
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:02:10 -0800 (PST)

> - it reads better
> - it navigates better (`forward-list' and `backward-list')
> - it manipulates better

I disagree, especially for "reads better" (which is by far the
most important, both for author and other readers).  But maybe
you like adding `progn' everywhere.  Eye of the beholder...

The important thing is that you can use your "lispier" style,
and I can use my "lispier" style.  Nothing prevents you from
writing:

  (progn (setq foo       bar)
         (setq tatasaba  tutuwimbo)
         (setq toto      titi))

if such is your wont.  Just as nothing prevents me from writing:

  (setq foo       bar
        tatasaba  tutuwimbo
        toto      titi)

to get the same effect.

There is zero reason to not allow `setq' to make multiple
assignments.  That's the point.