Re: [Emacs-diffs] fix/undo-point-in-wrong-place 01beb39 2/2: Store value

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] fix/undo-point-in-wrong-place 01beb39 2/2: Store value of point at beginning of last command.
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 12:27:27 -0500

> +  if (last_point_position != beg &&
> +      current_buffer == prev_buffer )
> +    {
> +      record_point (last_point_position);
> +    }

If last_point_position really records the position of point at the
beginning of the command, then you'll get weird results if the comment
explicitly calls undo-boundary in the middle of its changes, since the
"second bundle" will end up with a spurious point movement.

I think you'd be better off just preserving the previous behavior
(i.e. make my suggested patch work and just fix the comments): less
work, and more guarantee that it won't introduce new regressions.

        Stefan