Re: Q: text-quoting-style -- is its value a string or a symbol?

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Q: text-quoting-style -- is its value a string or a symbol?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:04:27 -0800

On 11/24/2015 03:38 PM, T.V Raman wrote:
I'll attach the*help*  buffer text as it shows in my running Emacs-25
session so we are all talking of the same thing.

The current emacs-25 should show a slightly different help buffer. Assuming your (setq text-quoting-style 'grave), the help buffer should look like this:

text-quoting-style is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is grave

Documentation:
Style to use for single quotes in help and messages.
Its value should be a symbol.
`curve' means quote with curved single quotes ‘like this’.
`straight' means quote with straight apostrophes 'like this'.
`grave' means quote with grave accent and apostrophe `like this'.
The default value nil acts like `curve' if curved single quotes are
displayable, and like `grave' otherwise.

[back]

I didn't quite follow your email, but are you suggesting that the second line should look like this instead?

Its value is `grave'

and that would suffice to fix the problem that you see? If so, this should be easy to arrange.